The British Lung Foundation (BLF) held one-day conferences throughout the UK for anyone with an interest in lung disease and the work of the British Lung Foundation.
Attendees learned about national developments with sessions on research, care in your local area, and break out sessions on different lung conditions. We also celebrated 25 years of the BLF supporting anyone affected by a lung condition!
BLF conferences were held during March and April 2011:
- Glasgow, Hampden Park, in Glasgow - 1 March
- Taunton, County Cricket Ground in Taunton (South West region) – 3 March
- Manchester, City of Manchester Stadium, Sportcity (North West region) – 9 March
- Northern Ireland, Dunadry Hotel - 11 March
- Newcastle, Hilton Newcastle Gateshead (North region) – 15 March
- Llandudno - Wales (N) - 22 March
- Swansea - Wales (S) - 24 March
- Solihull, Renewal Centre (Midlands region) – 7 April
- Stansted, Radisson BLU Hotel, Essex (London and South region) – 8 April
- Reading, Hilton Hotel (London and South region) – 15 April
The conferences featured:
- Key note speaker – Dame Helena Shovelton, BLF Chief Executive
- Health service specialists
- Information on BLF-funded research
- Local NHS respiratory leaders
- Question and answer sessions
- Break out sessions on different lung conditions in the afternoon on topics such as snoring and sleep apnoea, complimentary therapies, Bronchiectasis, lung improvement in your area, etc
- Exhibition stands featuring equipment and services
- Celebratory 25th anniversary tea party
All venues were fully accessible with a quiet area for nebuliser medication. Oxygen users should provide their own oxygen.